Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

THE HEXIES ARE ROLLING ALONG!

I am not very good at keeping track of quilt progressions.  I am drawn to trying a block, to see how it is constructed, what colors should be used, how the seams should be pressed, etc. Then when I find just the right formula and start constructing I do a few than I am bored. I just don't get excited doing the same block one after another. I start a few blocks, put them away, find it later and can't remember when it was started and sometimes even why I started. This is the reason that I can't remember when I started this quilt. I know that I used it as a carry along project while my son was playing basketball on a traveling  team, sometime in the early 90's, that only makes it about 16 or 17 years ago. It needs to be finished,

I am so grateful that Bonnie from Quiltville issued the challenge for an hour a day of unplugged sewing. I have finished 16 of the 32 flower blocks and 4 of the half blocks in the two weeks I have been working on this project.. My total hours are 21, had a couple of days that I couldn't sew but the time just adds up when I made the effort. I would sure like to get it finished before the end of the year.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Charon - you are cruising right along now with the hexie projects. It's amazing what a little goal (Bonnie's sew a long) can do for our mojo! Thanks for joining my Hexie Linky Party and I hope you continue making progress :)